Communications Internship at Sustainable Activewear Startup
Cause I Run is seeking a Fall 2016 intern to assist with communications and some strategic planning projects. Cause I Run is sustainable activewear that gives back: we produce running + active apparel made from recycled and natural materials; 10 percent of each purchase funds one of our causes. After a successful Kickstarter campaign in the summer of 2016, we’re now in the process of making + sending out pre-orders, setting up our webstore, and working toward an official launch date.
This is an exciting time to be a part of Cause I Run; our intern will be an integral part of our official launch. Because of this, we’re looking for someone who is motivated, is enthusiastic about our mission, and wants to jump right in.
Responsibilities may include:
- Brainstorming and developing ideas for social media and blog content
- Writing/editing content (if this is a skill you possess and want to develop)
- Developing and maintaining a system to track media and blog outreach, including making guest blog pitch requests and following up
- Setting up blog posts on the back-end of our website (familiarity with Squarespace back-end a bonus), including finding and inserting images with appropriate attribution
- Scheduling social media posts using Hootsuite
- Managing some incoming email requests
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a college student looking for an internship to fulfill college credit. Also open to someone seeking part-time experience to build on social media/writing/project management skills. At least one year of completed college coursework preferred. If college credit does not apply, a small stipend may be available.
- Is studying or has a background in communications, marketing, strategic planning, social media, media relations, or related areas.
- Has basic skills and knowledge about the major social media platforms, Hootsuite (preferred but not required), and Google Docs. Must be proficient and active in using email to communicate.
- Is available to start on or around Sept. 12, 2016 and work through at least Dec. 6, 2016. If desired, work may continue through the winter holiday season.
- Can work at least 10 hours each week (actual schedule and hours are negotiable).
- Can meet deadlines and work effectively remotely aside from regular check-ins with a supervisor (though not required for local candidates, preference may be given to those who can schedule check-in meetings on weekends or in some cases weeknights).
- Is committed to learning Cause I Run’s values, tone, and audience.
- Is able to keep track of details, be self-motivated, and operate with a positive attitude.
To apply, please visit www.causeirun.com and check out our blog and social media pages. Then, fill out the contact form at www.causeirun.com/contact with the subject line “Intern Application.” In your message, please include:
- Your availability, including start date
- A phone number and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile
- Your area of study or work background
- Whether you reside in the Boston, MA area (if you do not live in greater Boston, some weekend or weeknight availability is required)
- Why you’re interested in the position (1-2 sentences is sufficient)
- One of the following: a) a suggestion for an upcoming blog post or b) a media outlet or blog where you’d expect to find an article about Cause I Run
You do not need to submit a formal resume, unless requested. Applications will be considered upon receipt; as such, you will receive an email within 48 hours if we determine a phone interview is appropriate.
Thank you for applying!